Considering the amount of blogs being created everyday, it’s a mystery to many bloggers how to get their blog stand out. It is simple. People choose to read good articles, and with good content comes ad revenue. Well, perhaps it isn’t that easy… We’ve finally unleashed the secrets of profitable blog marketing. Be aware that these aren’t guaranteed to boost your click-through percentages and they will not bring good karma to you and your ads. However, these guidelines should benefit your blog making it more user friendly, more easily accessible, and more content-enabled.
There are lots of kinds of blogs or purposes for blogs and a certain amount of tactics can be applied to almost all of them, so listed here are -short- list of methods for marketing and optimizing a blog:
1. Select a stand alone domain www.myblog.com or directory of established site www.mysite.com/blog. Sub domain is also an option blog.mysite.com. Avoid hosted services that do not let you use your own domain!
2. Obtain and install custom blog software – WordPress is the most popular.
3. Customize blog look and feel templates – a.k.a. design.
4. Research keywords and build a glossary – Keyword Discovery, WordTracker, SitePoint, SEOBook Keyword Research.
5. Optimize your blog site
* Web template optimization – RSS subscription options, social bookmark links, HTML code, Unique title tags, URLs, Sitemap
* Include helper plugins specific to WordPress or MT
* Create key phrase rich categories (reference your keyword glossary)
6. Enable auto trackback and ping functionality.
7. Create Feedburner Professional account and allow feed tracking.
8. Create a Google account for Sitemap, verify and prep for future submission.
9. Find authoritative blogs, websites and hubs for outbound resource links and blogroll.
10. Structure archived posts, related posts.
11. Make sure to enable statistics for tracking – Performance, Google Analytics, ClickTracks.
12. Distribute RSS feed and Blog URL to prominent RSS feed and Blog directories / search engines.
13. Do a continuous link-building campaign.
14. If Podcast or video content are available, distribute to Podcast and Vlog directories.
15. Submit blog URL to paid web directories with categories for blogs – Yahoo, BOTW, WOW, bCentral, WOW, JoeAnt.
16. Optimize and send out a press release announcing blog.
17. Ask for suggestions or review of your blog in relevant forums, discussion threads. In case you have a resourceful post that will assist others, directed to it.
18. Research and comment on relevant industry related blogs and blogs with significant centers of influence.
19. Post regularly. If it’s a news related blog, 3-5 times each day. If it’s an authoritative blog, 3-5 times a week, but each post has to be unique and high value.
20. Keep track of links, internet marketing, comments and mentions of your blog – Google Alerts, Technorati, Blogpulse, Yahoo News, Ask Blogs and Feeds.
21. Constantly reply to comments on your blog and once you detect a mention of your blog on another blog, thank that blogger in the comments of the post.
22. Get in touch with related bloggers on AND offline if possible.
23. When making content or article always cite the source with a link and do not be afraid to mention popular bloggers by name. Use keywords in the post title, in the body of the post and use anchor text whenever you link to previous blog posts you have made.
24. Use social media services, forums and discussion threads in order to connect with other blog owners. If they like your stuff, they are going to link to you.
25. Bear in mind when web sites were a brand new concept and the sage advice was to print your web address everywhere you print your phone number? The same advice applies for your blog.
Bloggers who are searching the Internet for more info about the sphere of web traffic, make sure to go to the web page which is mentioned in this passage.